Product Management Systems (PMS) is the software solution for storing and managing information on marketing and selling products & services through various distribution channels.
Implementing PMS software for small businesses is a sure-fire route to optimize performance obstructions. The traditional method of storing data in Excel and local drives is inefficient and tedious & is slowly killing the team’s efficiency and productivity.
PIMs should no longer be considered a Fortune 500 luxury. It is equally important for small business owners to enact the application to their business model for reposting data in one centralized platform.
Even SMBs Need a PIM - Here's Why
Not using PIM lead to troublesome errors. Some key problems are:
- Difficult scaling product information across multiple channels
- Inconsistency in exchange of product information with suppliers, partners, and vendors
- Inefficient workflows and fragmented technology stack
- Dispersed data leading to a reduction in productivity of the workforce
In the era of cut-throat competition, it has become vital for small scale businesses to adopt third-party marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, etc. to increase sales and achieve massive success.
Administering modern PIM software for small businesses help you meet new-age challenges in the eCommerce sphere expeditiously.
Features to Look In PIM Software for Small Businesses
With so many PIMs in the market, choosing the best Product Information Management for small businesses can be a difficult endeavor.
But by learning about the factors to consider for finding the right PIM for your business, you can make a sound decision. Below are a few key features a good PIM software must have:
- Collect and unify product data from diverse sources into one central platform with no technical snags.
- Allow editing product information in bulk, saving you a lot of time and effort.
- Integrate digital asset management features to manage digital media including images, videos, user manuals, etc. in a centralized location.
- Automate the business processes by integrating workflow management.
- Have a working search engine that allows for an omniscient view of digital data.
- Create and manage catalogues while identifying & fixing inconsistent data
6 Top-notch PIM software for small business
Let us discuss a few product information management for small businesses with their features and pricing to help you choose the best Product Information Management (PIM) software take the company’s goals, size, and budget in consideration.
It is an all-in-one product information management platform and is one of the most popular PIM software for small businesses.
- Data Asset Management for all file types
- Bulk editing with advanced filtering
- Unlimited custom attributes
- Custom integrations
- Import and export functions and much more
It offers a free plan with 5 GB file storage and 5,000 SKUs. Their standard plan costs €300/month and the Pro plan costs €1,100/month.
Sales Layer is a catalogue management platform synchronizing product information across mobile, web, and social media platforms.
- Track errors and enrich your content
- Organize all the data in one place
- Create catalogues to share the products instantly
- Strengthen your multichannel strategy and much more
It offers premium, enterprise, and enterprise plus plans providing you with flexible and annual monthly billing. To get a quote you need to contact Sales Layer directly.
Alkeneo is an experience management solution organizing and enriching product catalogue to improve overall customer experience.
- Centralize product information from dispersed sources
- Automate and eliminate repetitive tasks
- Provide customized and flexible deployment options
- Integrate and connect with existing technical stack and much more
It offers community, growth, and enterprise edition. The community edition is free of cost, the growth edition starts at $25K annually, and you need to contact Alkeneo directly to get a quote for the enterprise edition.
Salsify is a product experience management tool to integrate top-notch software tools to provide an impeccable customer experience.
- Easy data importation
- Provide digital asset management
- Analyze and optimize product content
- Create digital product catalogs and much more
Salsify has not publicly revealed the pricing details. You need to contact them directly to get a quote.
Catsy is a PIM software simplifying the management of product content across online, retail and distribution channels.
- Centralized hub for product content
- Allow bulk maintenance
- Integrate workflow customization tools
- Design catalogues with advanced search and filter options
- Import and export of digital assets and much more
You need to contact the Catsy directly to get a quote.
It is an end-to-end solution powering the continual flow of data across the entire commerce ecosystem.
- Maintain product catalogues
- Edit and enhance product content
- Categorize digital assets and much more
The pricing is available on request and support is extended via phone, email and other online measures.
How Supply Sail can help your business grow
Supply Sail is a flexible Product Information Management (PIM) solution supporting vendors to bolster sales and increase operational efficiency by transforming the product lifecycle digitally.
It is a robust tool helping businesses manage product information across all sales channels and effectively sell products.
Workflow of Supply Sail:
- Import product data from multiple sources in multiple formats
- Clean, consolidate, and normalize the data
- Add images, descriptions, and additional product attributes to enhance classification and categorization
- Circulate the product to different sales channels using API and manual PDF/Excel exports
Benefits of Supply Sail
- Single source of truth for all your product information across diversified channels
- Decrease product launch cycle time by 9x.
- Upload, modify and share product information in no time
- Seamlessly launch a new product
- Organize information of each product easily and quickly
- Easy to create and publish customized catalogues
- Export product catalogues in pdfs
- Eliminate returns with up-to-date accurate product information across multiple platforms
- Grow revenue by expanding online sales channels in no time.
- Improve inventory control with a consolidated view of product demand across various channels
- Unified place to manage all product information including content, images, tech specs, etc.
- Personalize the information for each customer to enhance the client experience
- Live feed of product data to internal and external systems with ease
- Easy push of data to multiple channels such as websites, e-commerce sites, etc.
Features of Supply Sail
- Data Modeling
- Digital Asset Management
- Data Quality Control
- Content Management
- Content Library
- Content Creation
- Catalogue Creation
- Collaboration Tools
- Inventory Management
- Metadata Management
- Pricing Management
- Version Control
- SEO Management
- Online Marketplaces (Amazon, FB, Google, Walmart, Tesco, and so on)
- ERP (SAP, Oracle)
- 3rd party Retail aggregators (1 World Sync)
- Document Management (Dropbox)
- Digital Design Tools (Adobe Invision)
- Procurement System
To thrive and grow your business, it is extremely crucial to market and sells your products in online marketplaces & social media platforms such as Amazon, Google Shopping, Instagram, etc.
A good PIM can bring your business 5x returns, increasing the overall business productivity and efficiency. The customer buying decision cycle is getting more complex with increasing options and multiple touchpoints. Therefore, it is vital for small businesses to reduce resistance and adapt to the new technologies faster.
Following an omnichannel approach has become crucial for a seamless flow of product information across all channels to woo more customers. It is high time to understand the importance of product information management for small businesses to accelerate the desired business goals.
Thus, it is just not a new-age technology but a customer investment that should be deeply considered.